OMVC Youth Worker coordinator
full time position
The Haida Health Centre is seeking a youth worker to assist the Youth Coordinator in running programs after school and on weekends.
Purpose of the Position:
The Youth Worker works cooperatively and collaboratively with the Youth Coordinator and the Youth Committee to plan, facilitate and evaluate recreational and social activities for the youth. Youth programming will emphasize traditional Haida values and culture that promote and encourage the youth to adopt a healthy lifestyle and make healthy choices. The youth include preteens (9-12 years of age), teens (13-18 years of age) and youth (19-24 years of age). Age appropriate activities will be planned to meet the needs of the specific age group.
Flexibility to work weekends, nights and holidays.
• Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or GED
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check according to the Criminal Record Review Act, Ministry of Public Safety and the Solicitor General
Preference will be given to applicants with the following Qualifications:
• Two years experience working with youth
• Valid Class 5 Drivers' Licence
• Valid Basic First Aid Certificate
• Valid Food Safe Certificate
Please note: Only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to Monica Brown, Health Director
Haida Health Center, in person or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
February 28, 2018 or until filled